Friday, October 26, 2012

Ode to Food



Often times you hear people discuss food in a negative or passive manner.  They down talk it using words with negative connotations, demoralize it by talk about grease and fat and butter as if they asked to be eaten themselves.  "Bad, food, bad!," people exclaim, scolding food as if it were a puppy Daschund.

I am a little different.  I love food completely and wholeheartedly.  It's the one constant in my life that keeps on giving.  No, I don't have some ridiculous eating disorder or anything (no offense).  I just have a very healthy relationship with breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, the Fourthmeal, and snacks.  If I'm feeling down nothing says "It's going to be OK" or "You go girl!" like chocolate.  If I'm feeling accomplished, tilapia knows how to congratulate me.  When violence isn't the answer, there's always a good t-bone to allow me take my anger out on itself.



Old Levi's that are now my "boyfriend jeans," pashmina scarf, UO heels, Maybelline Color Show polish in Impeccable Greys  (Only fitting as I'm finally finishing up the Fifty Shades series!)



For example, today, my mother was agitating the frizeak out of me, and whom do you ask did I run to? Oh, just some steak and two slices of cake with frosting.  I don't care what any nutritionist says- it made me feel better and I'm still healthy.  Craving some hot Cheetos, too...

All of this to say don't run from food; food is your friend in good times and bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment